We are Independent Technical Specialists. Petrophysics is our primary focus, but we can also access other Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Disciplines through our associate company Namvaran Upstream.
Petrophysical consulting work covers many different areas including:
- Casing-Cement Integrity - We have developed some innovative techniques to better determine casing-cement and cement-formation bonds from CBL-VDL like logs. We can identify the areas providing zonal isolation and recommend completion intervals accordingly.
- CO2 Sequestration - We have worked on carbon dioxide sequestration projects identifying formation units likely to be suitable for CO2 injection and long-term storage/capture.
- Carbonate Reservoirs - We have also worked with many carbonate reservoirs from all around the world. We are aware of the specific problems that often manifest in these systems. Accordingly, we can also help you better quantify the reservoir properties and hydrocarbon saturations in carbonate Fields.
- Cased Hole Log Interpretation - If you're wondering what that pulsed-neutron, RST, and/or cement-bond logs mean, then we can help you with that data too. We have experience with determining porosities and water saturations through casing too. We can also give you a good idea how well cemented your wells are and if there are any channels or un-cemented intervals water could find its way through.
- Exploration/Appraisal Well Studies - We regularly investigate old wells to determine what they really encountered. This work is useful for exploration activities including evaluating farm-in proposals and bidding on acreage.
- Field Studies - New Field or Old, we can interpret the data for either. We'll give you consistent results using industry best practices, verified against core (where available). Requirements for static and dynamic modeling will be delivered then guided through the modeling implementation. We also look at the "whole picture" i.e. what are all the wells together saying about reservoir property variations, fluid distributions, and behavior? Uncertainties in derived parameters are also quantified.
- Fractured Reservoirs - Our Principal Petrophysicist has extensive experience quantifying fracture and secondary porosities in both sandstone and carbonate reservoirs using conventional wireline logs. Preferably image logs are available to assist in calibration, but answers can be obtained using density-sonic, compressional, and shear sonic and/or shallow and deep laterolog combinations.
- Low Resistivity, Low Contrast Pay - Sometimes the formation water salinity is high (water resistivity low) and/or their are very conductive minerals present such that reservoirs containing mobile hydrocarbons have very low resistivities. We have experience with these reservoirs too and can help you better locate and quantify any mobile hydrocarbons. Testing of mobile water will be much reduced with our help.
- Operational Petrophysics - If you're drilling, then you need to know what you've found as soon as possible. Let us know in advance what you need, then we can (typically) get your logs evaluated within two hours of log receipt. Deliverables are a log display (PDF), a summary table, and a short description of findings.
- Overlooked and Bypassed Pay - We can also analyze those old wells to see what was missed the first time through. Often it's the thin-bedded intervals adjacent to your main producing intervals. You may also have had water sweep through a very permeable unit, stranding "bypassed" pay in adjacent units. We can help you identify these units too.
- Residual Hydrocarbon Studies - In water drive systems or those with water injection, reserves are closely tied to residual hydrocarbon saturations. We have specific expertise in determining these parameters from either SCAL (core) experiments or from logs through swept intervals.
- Saturation-Height - Industry best practice saturation-height studies. We can model systems undergoing imbibition in addition to those described by drainage models. We can also build models from log-derived water saturations in the absence of core data.
- Thin-Bedded Sands - We have significant experience and expertise in evaluating porosities, permeabilities, and water saturations in thin-bedded reservoir environments. Our methodologies can give you answers using even conventional logs and those from older wells. Although the addition of SCAL (capillary pressures) and resistivity anisotropy logs will improve the water saturation estimates further.
- TOC Determination - We have experience determining TOC from conventional logs. This information can help highlight source rocks and unconventional plays.
- Unconventionals - TPL has also investigated some unconventional reservoirs for opportunities. Let us help you with your future investigations.